The Work Order Software module is used to define, control and record the operations associated with manufacturing an item, whether its a sub-assembly, or final product within a Lean Manufacturing environment.
Operations can be defined to fit what your company does, whether it’s assembly, machining, or some combination of assembly and fabrication whether performed in-house, or out-sourced to a vendor.
With our Work Order Software module you can:
- Customize the Work Order software module name, call the module “Shop Traveler,” “Work Orders,” or whatever fits your lean manufacturing environment best.
- Electronically pull material from inventory based on a first-in first-out basis.
- List additional non bill of material components or hardware, if applicable.
- Link Operations to the Inspection module if the operation is an inspection.
- Print a bar coded work order and scan the bar code of completed operations to track the processing time for each operation.
- All inspections associated with a work order must be completed before the item is completed and moved into inventory / storage.
- Work Center scheduling tool allows you to see what processing equipment is available for your operations.